Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The spice by the (Old) Bay!


Is there anything better than Old Bay Seasoning? Being Kosher, I never had it on crabs before I was vegan, but it has become a staple in my vegan kitchen. It is amazing on absolutely everything; the other day I accidentally sprinkled some into my coffee and it was strangely satisfying.

According to http://www.oldbay.com/Products/Old-Bay-Seasoning.aspx, Old Bay is a mixture of "CELERY SALT (SALT, CELERY SEED), SPICES (INCLUDING RED PEPPER AND BLACK PEPPER), AND PAPRIKA". There are surely some magical spicy secrets in there and if they are wrong, I don't want to be right.

I keep it right on the kitchen table now and it finds its way into a number of things.

Some of my favorites:

  • Popcorn---with Old Bay, Salt, and Nutritional Yeast
  • My Super Awesome Vegan Lasagna (recipe coming soon)
  • Tofu Scrambles
  • Vegan Pizza
  • Panini Sandwiches
  • Roasted Vegetables
And so much more! What are your favorites?

It is right at the top the Super Vegan Grocery List I am compiling. Being vegan is fantastic---everywhere!

Even Belize, my 10 year old vegan Great Dane approves, though she prefers her popcorn plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment