Friday, September 4, 2015

Super Hot Vegan (Cauliflower)

   I really do think about posting on this all the time.....  Maybe today will start a new beginning of my blogging.  After 7 years vegan and cooking for a voracious vegan toddler, this recipe keeps popping up.  It was not my origination, but I have done lots with it and it is great for non toddler eating time.

   Thank you, Miss Emily, for reminding me to blog it up!

Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower

Roast the cauliflower head whole---really, Google it!  It is the best way to roast cauliflower.

Cut the roasted head into florets of whatever size moves you, set aside.

Buffalo Sauce

Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
Sriracha
Earth Balance

In a shallow pan, under medium heat, warm 1/2 a bottle of Frank's, an equal amount of Sriracha, and about 3 tablespoons of Earth Balance (for this ratio of sauces).

*Keep in mind, you can tweak the ratios a bit, add more Earth Balance to cut the heat (really), and more or less of whichever sauce you want to feel more than the other.  A little more Frank's is my husband's favorite, but I am in a relationship with Sriracha (and it isn't complicated), so I like to hit it hard.

Heat the sauces gently together (don't go crazy with heat), pour over the florets you set aside, and serve with some version of vegan dipping sauce you like.  I like Tofutti sour cream, a little chopped pickle, and a flirtation of nutritional yeast.  My husband likes a vegan ranchish dip mix with his Tofutti?  Yuck.  Do what you need to do.

BTW, this was fantastic cut up on pizza.  It gets super spicy the next day!  I wish I had pictures, but my husband eats a lot and I have to move faster next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment